...fym...

Saturday, May 01, 2004

my neighbour - 3

the time is 11pm... it's pitch dark... an insistent drizzle hangs around.
has been raining all evening... it's cold and everyone's cozy and snugg in their homes.

so i'm leaving for delhi. slowly silently climbing down the stairs, trying not to disturb "anyone".
all is quiet... i reach my car, throw in the luggage... am walking towards the driver door...
my hand reaches for the door handle... "success success" is all thats going through my head.

thats when i hear the "loud voice booming through my head"
haanji... dilli challe o?
cable di taar kadd jayo.

aaaaaaaargh !!!!
accept it devinder, accept it.
hmmm... but i need to know why... yeah why?

me: tusin ki karni hai cable di taar... tuhaada connection wi hai na?
he: haanji... o gall e hai... ki tuhada connection zaada clear hai.
me: phir tusin aapna theek karwaa lo?
he: haan boleya hai, per cable waala ayunda hi nahin.

thats when my better senses give in...

my better senses: give it yaar... after all its just a stupid wire for god's sake.
me: theek hai... le lo... per appna cable cheti theek karao.
he: haan main phone karoonga cable waale nu.
me: ok ji.

and thats the story...

ps. for an english translation write to devinder@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home